2.23.2007

Record Setting Surgery

From the Houston Chronicle:


Until she came to Houston's Renaissance Hospital two weeks ago, Renee Williams hadn't left her bed in three years. It took eight people to get her in and out of the ambulance. At her first weigh-in at the hospital, she tipped 850 pounds.

Williams this week became what's thought to be the largest female patient to undergo laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery, the increasingly popular solution to morbid obesity. Her doctor said he's optimistic her weight may drop to as low as 200 pounds in two years.

"I feel like I've been run over by a truck," an exhausted Williams said Wednesday, a day after the surgery. "But it's worth it if I can get my independence back, take my kids to the park, just be able to get around on my own."

More.



 Save This Page

No comments: